- This event has passed.
ASC 815 (FAS 133) IR Intro – Introduction to Interest Rate Hedge Accounting Workshop
September 13, 2016 @ 9:00 am PDT - 11:30 am PDT$300
This workshop is designed for those who use hedge accounting or are contemplating hedge accounting as part of their interest rate risk management strategy. 2.5 CPE hours.
Click Here for Event Details
This workshop is designed for those who use hedge accounting or are contemplating hedge accounting as part of their interest rate risk management strategy. Our experienced instructors help participants learn the fundamentals of special hedge accounting & navigate the requirements to qualify for special accounting treatment under ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging. Whether your role is hedging interest rate risk or accounting for derivative activities, this course provides the foundation for what you need to know to be successful with hedge accounting.
This workshop covers:
– Four cornerstone concepts
– Eligibility requirements for both the hedged item & derivative
– Introductory valuation techniques for interest rate swap and cap contracts under ASC 820
– Key concepts related to cash flow & fair value hedge accounting
– Specific documentation requirements under ASC 815 required to qualify for special hedge accounting
– Effectiveness testing concepts & common techniques under the hypothetical derivative approach
– Effectiveness measurement and a review of journal entry preparation associated with hedge accounting
– Overview of the required quantitative & qualitative disclosure requirements under ASC 815
Participants will have a solid foundation in the basics of interest rate hedging that can be applied immediately in their current roles. The class provides valuable tools for understanding the requirements and hedge accounting concepts under ASC 815. The course will also prepare one for Hedge Trackers’ Interest Rate Hedge Accounting Intermediate Workshop which covers a debit & credit intensive emersion into Cash Flow hedge accounting.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Program Level: Basic Understanding of Hedge Accounting
Prerequisites: None (Attendance at “Interest Rate Derivatives – Basics of Hedge Accounting – Webinar” or basic understanding of Hedge Accounting is recommended)
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Accounting
CPE Hours: 2.5
For more information regarding refund, concerns and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 408-350-8580.