- This event has passed.
ASC 815 (FAS 133) IR Intermediate
November 19, 2015 @ 9:00 am PST - 11:30 am PST$300
Interest Rate Hedge Accounting Intermediate Workshop
This workshop is hands-on, case driven, and puts the ASC 815 Key Concepts to work
Click Here for Event Details
This workshop is designed as a hands-on application of ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging. Participants will work on case studies designed to reinforce and develop the ability to understand and prepare hedge accounting journal entries under cash flow hedge accounting treatment. Instructors will cover interest rate swap and cap hedge strategies and the cash flow hedge accounting associated with each hedge type.
This workshop covers:
- An overview the key concepts of ASC 815
- Standard valuation techniques for interest rate swap, cap and collar contracts under ASC 820
- Effectiveness measurement: the hypothetical derivative and its construction
- Accounting impacts of designating interest rate swaps after inception
- Practical group study cases that incorporate differing interest rate hedging instruments
- Journal entry preparation practice cases and discussion of results
After the class, participants who have participated in the basics through intermediate workshop training track will have a thorough understanding of hedge accounting enabling them to apply the concepts to finance and planning situations. Completing the first three parts of this hedge accounting training track provides the foundation for our most conceptual course: Advanced Concepts in Interest Rate Hedge Accounting.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate (This course is designed for accounting, reporting, finance or treasury personnel at any level who need a thorough understanding of how cash flow hedge accounting impacts the Company’s financial statements.)
Prerequisites: None (ASC 815 (FAS 133) IR Intro course recommended)
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Accounting
CPE Credit: 2.5 Hours
For more information regarding refund, concerns and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 408-350-8580.