- This event has passed.
ASC 815 (FAS 133) FX Intro
July 17, 2014 @ 9:00 am PDT - 11:30 am PDT$300
Introduction to Foreign Currency Hedge Accounting Workshop
Develop a solid foundation of the Key Concepts of ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging. 2.5 CPE hours.
Click Here for Event Details
This workshop is designed for those who use hedge accounting or are contemplating hedge accounting as part of their risk management strategy. Our experienced instructors help participants learn the fundamental aspects of special hedge accounting, review Key Concepts and navigate the requirements to qualify for special accounting treatment under ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging. Whether your role is hedging currency risk or accounting for derivative activities, this course provides the foundation for what you need to know to be successful with hedge accounting. This workshop covers:
- Four cornerstone concepts
- Eligibility requirements for both the hedged item and derivative
- Valuation techniques for forward and option contracts under ASC 820
- Key Concepts around Cash Flow and Fair Value hedge accounting
- We provide the specific documentation requirements under ASC 815 required to qualify for special hedge accounting
- Discuss effectiveness testing concepts and common techniques under the hypothetical derivative approach
- Effectiveness measurement and a review of journal entry preparation associated with hedge accounting
- Overview the required quantitative and qualitative disclosure requirements under ASC 815
After the class, participants will have a solid foundation in the Key Concepts of ASC 815 that can be applied immediately in their current roles. The class provides valuable tools for understanding the requirements and hedge accounting concepts under ASC 815. The course will also prepare one for Hedge Trackers’ Foreign Currency Hedge Accounting Intermediate Workshop which covers a debit and credit intensive emersion into Cash Flow hedge accounting.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic Understanding of Hedge Accounting
Prerequisites: None (Attendance at “Derivative Accounting Basics FX – Webinar” or basic understanding of Hedge Accounting)
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Accounting
CPE Hours: 2.5
For more information regarding refund, concerns and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 408-350-8580.