- This event has passed.
ASC 815 (FAS 133) FX Intermediate – Foreign Currency Hedge Accounting Intermediate Workshop
November 8, 2016 @ 9:00 am PST - 11:30 pm PST$300
This workshop is designed as a hands-on application of ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging. 2.5 CPE Hours.
Participants will work in groups on case studies designed to reinforce and develop the ability to understand and prepare hedge accounting journal entries under Cash Flow hedge accounting treatment. Instructors will cover forwards and option hedge strategies and the Cash Flow hedge accounting associated with each hedge type.
Click Here for Event Details
This workshop covers:
– An overview the Key Concepts of ASC 815
– Understanding and creating the hypothetical derivative
– Standard valuation techniques for forward and option contracts under ASC 820
– Concepts around stopping OCI collection “triggering” and “releasing” OCI to earnings when the hedged item affects earnings in a future period
– Practical group study cases that incorporate differing hedge accounting elections such as including vs. excluding time value in a hedge relationship
– Group discussion of results
After the class, participants who have participated in the basics through intermediate workshop training track will have a thorough understanding of hedge accounting enabling them to apply the concepts to finance and planning situations. Completing the first three parts of this hedge accounting training track provides the foundation for our most conceptual and interesting course: Advanced Concepts in Hedge Accounting.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic to Intermediate – This course is designed for accounting, reporting, finance or treasury personnel at any level who need a thorough understanding of how cash flow hedge accounting impacts the Company’s financial statements.
Prerequisites: ASC 815 (FAS 133) FX Intro course recommended
Advanced Preparation: None
For more information regarding refund, concerns and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 408-350-8580.