When it comes to interest rate hedge accounting, we know the answers – and the questions
Hedge Trackers’ consultants have been guiding corporations and financial institutions through the maze of derivative hedge accounting for over a decade. We are well versed in not only the official guidance, but in the interpretations and standard practices as well. We have implemented over 300 derivative accounting-compliant programs for clients since our first implementation in 2000 and subsequently supported many of those clients with outsourced accounting services (see Outsourcing Services).
Documentation, Implementation and Support
- Contemplate all considerations surrounding whether to hedge benchmark interest rate risk or “overall changes” in your exposure
- Identify the key decisions and resulting documentation requirements needed at the inception of a hedge relationship
- Create policy and accounting guidelines documents that outline the company’s application of and compliance with ASC 815 (formerly FAS 133)
- Ensure potential sources of ineffectiveness are contemplated and tested
- Outline control structures
- Support your team in discussions with your audit firm
Additional services, including derivative accounting preparation, are reviewed under Interest Rate Outsourcing Services.